The Mitten Foundation partners with different local non-profit organizations (or organizations in need) in an effort to raise both funds and awareness. With the help of its staff and customers, The Mitten Brewing Company has raised more than $150,000 for local organizations since 2012.
The foundation's criteria for choosing non-profit partners is twofold: the organization must be local, and they must be small enough that the donation will make a measurable difference. The foundation strives to connect each dollar donated to the effect it has.
The Mitten Brewing Company was humbled to receive the West Michigan Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professional’s 2015 “President’s Award” in recognition of its commitment to fundraising. The company plans to expand its community involvement efforts as it grows, and they recently started an employee volunteer program that provides staff with opportunities to become personally involved with non-profit partners.
What We've Achieved
- Recipient of the 2015 "President's Award" from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Presided over more than $150,000 in charitable gifts since 2012.
- Recipient of the 2017 "Community Partner Award" from Autism Support of Kent County (ASK).
- Creator of the annual "Teddy Rasberry" equipment drive for The YMCA's Inner-City Youth Baseball and Softball Program (ICYBS).
- Created the "Neighborhood Improvement Barrel Grant" for West Grand Neighborhood Organization in 2016.
- Funded a school uniform drive for neighboring Harrison Park School.
- Funded a student managed urban garden at the Grand Rapids Public Museum School in partnership with Urban Roots.